You know what I love about oils? You can get whatever you need from them.
Yup, it’s true. It almost doesn’t matter WHAT oil you use; their frequency and LIFE force will benefit your body if you set your intention to align with what they offer. Sounds really hippie-hippie, doesn’t it? I know. It’s ok. Read The Chemistry of Essential Oils Made Simple by Dr. David Stewart (or trust me on this — I’ve read it).
So because we can get whatever we need from oils, I wanted to go over ways that every oil in your Premium Starter Kit can benefit you emotionally, and WHY! How FUN!
- Lemon – the color of sunshine. Remember the mnemonic, “lemon = lift” and diffuse it or drink in your water to boost your mood. Full of a compound called d-limonene, which can help digestive balance (get the gunk out, you’ll feel better), improve your sleep, increase metabolism and assist healthy weight goals. All of which make you happier. Don’t under estimate this inexpensive but effective oil!
- Lavender – universally known for its relaxing and restorative properties, lavender in an epsom salt bath is one of the best ways to help your body naturally rid itself of negative anything, including emotions. High in Linalool, which is known to reduce stress, including measurable cortisol levels.
- Peppermint – high in phenols, which help clean cellular receptor sites, this is a refreshing and cleansing oil. Applying or diffusing peppermint can feel renewing, and should be Step 1 in any essential oil routine for emotional health. Breathe deeply and allow it to enter your whole body through the lungs. It will “clear” your energy (and sinuses) really well.
- Copaiba – copaiba oil is made up of 55% beta-caryophyllenes . Hang with me. It’s hard to pronounce, but it’s what’s in marijuana that makes weed so relaxing. But, copaiba oil doesn’t contain anything hallucinogenic, so it’s legal! WIN. If you’ve ever thought to yourself, “next stop: cannabis” – you need to try copaiba first. It’s approved for internal use so I like to take it in a capsule, but you can certainly diffuse or apply this oil topically.
- Frankincense – frankincense has those deep, earthy, grounding scent notes. Those come from sesquiterpenes, which uplift the spirit and act as a tonic for stressed nerves. I love to put it on my frontal lobe. The frontal lobe is involved in motor function, problem solving, spontaneity, memory, language, initiation, judgement, impulse control, and social and sexual behavior. All great reasons to use it on your forehead, and bonus: great for your skin. It was a gift of the Kings, given to baby Jesus, and it has some POWERFUL regenerative properties. This means it is also good for cellular health. Know what’s stored in DNA? Trauma. There, go use your frank. Get those cells healthy and overcome the feelings associated with negative events in your past.
- Thieves – don’t let anyone “steal” your joy! (See what I did there? Thieves/steal … I am not as funny as I think I am.) But really, people’s energy can drag you DOWN, and Thieves is a blend created to help combat germs. It does the same for emotional junk, and can help provide a barrier against people who are acting like germs! (Because when your emotions are distressed, your immune system is also weakened. Cool, huh?) You can use the oil blend on the outside of your throat daily, to help guard against speaking words that do not edify. The easiest way to guard agains other peoples’ emotional and physical germiness is to use the Waterless Hand Purifier often, and in public. Next time that pesky person goes THERE with you, break it out and you’ll look like you’re sanitizing your hands but really … you’re sanitizing your SOUL.
- Digize – I admit this isn’t my favorite smelling blend, but it was what I needed
most when I was pregnant, and I am forever grateful for it! Need to “digest” something? A thought, a conversation, new learning, a circumstance? This is your oil! Do not under estimate the effects of stress on your digestives. Rub it clockwise on your belly or take it in a capsule. I made myself a bottle with a dropper top, containing 1:4 ratio DiGize:EVOO because I have a sensitive tummy but I need to maintain a “healthy microbiological environment” and straight DiGize is a little tough even in a capsule. Now I can make caps with a carrier any time I need, no excuses!
- Purification – this is a perfect oil for confession of sin. Read Psalm 51 while you diffuse or apply this phenomenally purifying blend. When we mess up, admitting it is the first step to moving on. I mess up a lot, so I crave this blend often. If you need or want someone else to admit their mess-up, try diffusing it around them for a surreptitious emotional effect. #YoureWelcome
- PanAway – do you know how much pain can come from emotions? So much pain. Emotional pain can translate directly to physical pain. This PanAway blend is soothing and refreshing, partly because it contains helichrysum, which is great for nerves. Just use YLsearch.com to learn more about helichrysum + nerves. Helichrysum alone is $85 for a 5ml bottle, so finding blends with helichrysum in them is like finding a GOLD MINE. Use this stuff for your nerves and emotional pain. Topically is best.
- RC – sometimes decision-making can be hard, and not knowing what to do in a certain situation can really feel like emotional congestion and chaos. Like a brick wall, or a fog. Breathe in RC by applying to your chest/throat or diffusing. Breathe in life. Breathe in goodness. Breathe in clarity. JUST BREATHE. Breathing is oxygenating and helps us release that which weighs us down. Often, respiratory issues are connected to emotional “weight” so if you ever feel like you have an actual brick on your chest, use this oil on your chest or diffused.
- Stress Away – I mean, I saved this for last because it’s so obvious. It’s like a big, flashing Exit sign. Take the exit, skip the traffic. The emotional highway is exhausting. Bathe in this oil, literally and liberally. It’ll feel like a vacation on the path that’s daisy-littered instead of polluted. Mmm-kay?
Well, now you know how to use every oil in your starter kit for your feelings! Isn’t that awesome?!
If you want your own kit with these 11 oils and a diffuser, click here.