Lots of people have asked me about label coloring on Young Living essential oils. Some of them are intuitive. Lavender is purple when it grows out of the ground. Peppermint is green. Black pepper is … black/brown. Easy, right? And soooooo pretty!
But for blends it can be tricky to figure out the code. Let’s crack it using the seven chakras of the body!
Chakras — simply put — are points on our bodies through which energy flows. Blocked energy can often lead to illness, so it’s important to understand what each chakra represents and what we can do to keep this energy flowing freely.
Here’s a note my dear friend Cheryl sent me with a lava and semi-precious stone diffuser bracelet that helps me remember which chakras represent what:
So check this out! You can totally grab any color bottle and use this as an intuitive guide for where to apply your oils. Remember to align your intentions with each – survival, emotions, power, love, communication, intuition and spiritual awareness.
- Endoflex (red) at base of spine, benefits your kidneys and adrenals; necessary for survival
- Oola Family (orange) on abdomen, where your reproductive organs reside; hormones are produced there and are partly responsible for emotions
- Citrus Fresh (yellow) on solar plexus, aka navel, benefits digestion; your gut is the core of your body, where all the power of your immune system resides — many receptor sites where the body’s serotonin is synthesized and stored are in the intestine
- Aroma Life (green) goes over the heart; its cardiovascular benefits are directly related to this organ, which is associated with love
- Surrender (blue) goes over the throat and corresponds with communication; James 3:2, “We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to control his whole body.” Surrendering your words to the power of the Holy Spirit in you gives life!
- Transformation (indigo) goes over the third eye (frontal lobe) and corresponds with the brain and intuition; Transformation™ includes Idaho Blue Spruce, Palo Santo, and Ocotea, which empower you to replace negative beliefs with uplifting thoughts when diffused
- Rutavala (violet) goes on the crown of the head and represents spiritual awareness; it is relaxing to the mind and appropriate for meditation or sleep
I hope that helps you demystify your oils and application as it pertains to both where you can put oils and why you would need them in each energy point of the body!
You can learn more about the emotional application of essentials here.